Sarawak Trip Day One (Wednesday)

OK, here is my trip in detail (Ha ha)

0700 - Took KLIA Express from KL Sentral to KLIA (35 minutes @ RM35)
0815 - Boarded flight for Kuching
1030 - Took a taxi to customer's Office
1230 - Job Finished. Customer dropped me off at Riverfront Plaza
1300 - Explored all the shops within 100m such as Tun Jugah, Sarawak Plaza and Centrepoint
1530 - Got bored and took taxi to Airport
1535 - Suddenly remembered that forgot to try the Sarawak Laksa
1730 - Boarded plane to Sibu
1840 - Got a Hotel
2015 - Cleaned myself up and went for a walk in town
2030 - Had dinner and went to nearby Night Market
2200 - Just realised I forgot to pack the charger for my iPaq and its now running low after my Wifi jaunt during dinner. Oops
2209 - Had another bath and went to sleep
2210 - Switched on the TV for the noise as I can't really sleep without my family


The interior of the KLIA Express
Looked like one of those Star Trek Deep Space Nine Shuttles



These two guys went to sleep while the rest of the passengers were already entering the plane. The stewardess had wake them up (short of kicking them in the balls)


This is my in-flight meal/breakfast


His wife passed him the plastic tray and he kept both of them in his bag!!!


There is a reason why I don't like window views of the wings. The wings of the 330 flexed a lot and you do not know if thye're going to break off or just flex some more. And this is the part I do not like: The opening of the flaps to create a big air brake during landing. Yeah, your body sort of lunged forward while you're trying to pull yourself back to the seat. In the end, you sort of end up sitting in the middle like someone with a back problem.


Kuching Airport undergoing renovations with lots of loud thundering noises. Even the Customs lady had tissue paper stuffed into her ears


This is the model showing how it will turn out, except for the model toy plane (with wind-up springs) which is not in scale


Kuching is the City where cats rule.
But after my Marriage, there are other cats I like


While the ladies were busy chatting below, I decided to relief myself for free


This shop sells everything related to Pigs


I got this 512MB USB2.0 thumbdrive from a corner computer shop near the escalators, opposite the Alan Salon inside RiverFront Shopping Complex. Yeah, I got suckered by the piece of red aluminum. Oh, and its Blue LED lights up when plugged in.


This is the view from Kingwood Hotel in Sibu in the evening overlooking the river
There is a swimming pool there (on the left)


After some searching around, I bumped into Sibu's Night Market and got myself some snacks.
(L-R) Siew Mai, some blinking trinket, deepfried something and barley/pandan water.

2 comments:

Desparil said...

"The interior of the KLIA Express
Looked like one of those Star Trek Deep Space Nine Shuttles"

hahaha.. can still connect it to star trek.. once a trekkie, forever a trekkie..

Babe_KL said...

whoa ahbeng's thumbdrive