Weird Dreams VI

Yesterday, I was called in an Emergency request to settle an internal dispute between two professors in my former University. Since I had no jobs, I agreed. Once that was done, I could only offer the remaining Professor my remaining (ex-company)name card, trying to show that I succeeded as a Technical Manager, which I was chided because I did not have any left. I know, I know, the excuse was that this was an emergency case, I did not bring enough. Then, since I was next door, my next assignment was to help in a presentation for my Ex-Company.

Which I kow nothing about and was hoping to wing through the whole thing. Unfortunately, the lecture hall was packed, and it was dark, like in a cinema. This was to launch the new Notebook which I was only given a brochure for my preparation. Just then, the real speakers, one of them was my ex-partner, came in and the rest of the team shunned me like I was invisible. So, now I know my role there, as a back-up. As I packed to leave, I had problems looking for my car in the rain, until I found it wedged between some vans.

So, after knocking a car, I moved off and faced the difficult London traffic as I was lost. It was still raining and I was wondering what went wrong with my car as it was so uncomfortable. Until my wife at the back told me, my car was actually a kapchai (Small Honda motocycle), and to stop complaining. So there I was, riding in the dark and gloomy London rain, with my wife and two daughters (?!!!) at the back, looking for the road to the Heathrow Airport.

I asked for direction from a bloke who assumed I was from Indonesia which I hapily said so, until me guilt came and I shamefully admitted I was from Malaysia. Nevertheless, after much driving, I think ................... then I woke up, feeling sad and like a worthless unsuccessful bum.

Maybe its the New Year Mood, maybe its the heat, maybe it was the DVD marathon, or maybe its just me. But I find that dream very disturbing. Very disturbing indeed.

No comments: