The Wheel

With no Internet access for the weekend, I decided to explore Sketchup a little more. After going through one of SketchUp's tutorial which left my jaw on the floor last night, I decided to try something. Its a basic wheel but I still have yet to learn how to make it into those Off-Road wheels, the ones with those chunky rubbers sticking out.

SketchUp is free, by the way.


You start with the basic shape of the wheel
I did one here, which looked as if I had taken a slice off the wheel


Then you rotate it 360ยบ. Because I have made the wheel into three
parts, I have to rotate them one by one


I did this halfway so I can show you how the three parts looked like


Looking a bit like some CAD design........


This is how it looked when completed


In colour


And, well, a bit more realistic


Here is the other side of the wheel


Oh, did I mention how big it was?


So, I placed it next to my other design, and this is where
my Notebook starts to struggle due to insufficient RAM


There you go, like something from a technical manual
"How to crush a bus with an Aeroplane wheel"


"Hey, let's get out of here! Some crazy guy just went through with his Lightsabre!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting stuff... i think i should download and play with it too :P