ISD4002-120

Thanks to Timothy, the voice-chips from Digi-Key has arrived. So, now I can continue with the Phaser Rifle project. But after some thoughts, I think I really have to change my designs again. the reason is because the PIC microprocessor I am using does not have enough I/O pins. The following are the pin count:

10 for the LED bar
2 for the phaser power settings
1 for the trigger
4 to control the voice-chip

Which totals up to 17 and the current PIC microprocessor has only 16 pins. I have already tried using the same I/O pin to control both the LED (out) and also detect the changes on the switch (in) but to no avail. All it did was to make the LEDs flicker.

Maybe I have to take a step back and rethink again on how to overcome this. Because if I use other PIC chips, it could be expensive. Or I might not even use the Voicechip but maybe another voice chip but this means the rifle can only have one sound, which is the phaser fire and none for the power button settings. Oh well...........
Hooray! The voice-ship has arrived!
It costs me a lot of moolah, though

No comments: