MP3

Today, we're both going to Alor Setar. This means a few hours drive and my colleague used this excuse to get a FM MP3 player for the journey. I wanted one too but for the price he got for it, its a bit too expensive for me. I mean, you can buy a lot of baby milk powders with it (oops)

Anyway, I got the chance to try it out too. The device reads SD/MMC cards and USB thumbdrives. But this version has no remote. Anyway, here is the summary of the things I noticed during the journey.

1. When plugged in, its very loose inside the socket and can easily power off
2. Once its powered on, it takes quite a bit to detect the USB and also start playing
3. I think it has some sort of memory as when I took the USB drive out and reslot it, it seemd to "remember" the last song it played ans started again
4. There is whining from the radio during quiet moments. I think its from the spark plugs
5. The LCD display has white backlight but is not a good feature when you're driving
6. The buttons are hard to press and with the loose connections, getting to your favourite songs are quite a task. You really need the remote.

My USB Thumbdrive stuck up the player, while playing
Jewel's "Hands" 911 Tribute

No comments: