Phaser Rifle

Therein lies my dilemma. I wanted to have a Luxeon LED for the rifle's scope but would not create a driver circuit for it (because its expensive and parts are hard to get, OK). So, using the low-tech method with a 1watt resistor, I would have to compensate with a big heatsink........

So, I was at another customer's place where they sell piping
and came across this brass thingy. In the background is the
Luxeon LED temporarily under the collimator lens

It comes in three pieces, (one for your wife/GF if you forgot your present)
But I am going to use the front part although the rear end can lock by
screwing it to the bigger piece. But the collimator lens is too big to fit
into the rear end, thus making it useless. No, I am not going to sand
it to fit either.

There is a small plastic notch on the lens which you can sand it
off. After that, it would be a perfect fit. All you need then, would
be some glue to hold it to the metal.


But the Luxeon would be another matter as I would really have to sand
its heatsink to fit into the metal and also to make sure it is touching it
so that the heat from the LED can transfer over


Or maybe I should just get a larger metal piece. I'll try and go over to my customer's shop tomorrow since it is just literally behind our office.

No comments: