Mind Enhancing Products

Apart from newspaper comic strips, comics, in-Tech and Sci-Fi technical books, I have never read a real book for more than... more than... OK, ever since we got married. But then, I met Jason who lent me his book Who Moved my Cheese and then David Schwartz's The Magic of Thinking Big. He asked me to read chapter two and I did. (please do read this chapter first and depending on your perception, it could be from "Oh My God, this is so true, how could I have been so fucking blind" to "Huh?" or something in between). After that, the reading bug sort of materialised again and bit me in the *censored* and with all the saved up lunch money for this month (and temporarily subsidised by Mr. VISA), I went ahead and bought two other books; Lydia Teh's Honk If You're Malaysian and Steve Chandler's 100 Ways to Motivate Others. This was because MPH was having a small booth at one of my Customer's Corporate HQ. (But I missed Lydia Teh by two days as she was there to give a talk). Of the three books, I have managed to finish Lydia's first. And if you like to laugh at yourself, (pointing and laughing at your own mirror image does not count) this is a great read. And if I have money for next month, I am going to get her two earlier books.

So, why am I reading these books all of a sudden? And why am I listening to all these motivation CDs while driving? Why? Well, no, I am not having a mid-life crisis. Even if I am, I won't even know what the heck its all about. The reason is more than personal because I want to improve my family's lives apart from having to go for lobotomy sessions and towing ATMs from the walls in the middle of the night. So, hopefully, within a few more weeks, I will know the outcome of my planning. Anyway, this is all the time I have to blog this entry as I really need to get back to the books and my hectic work/family life.

Oh yeah, go read the “Cheese” book first and if you have the chance, try to get the VCD as well. I know I have it somewhere, courtesy of one Mrs. Chow and her Red Engine years ago.


Its still under the wrappers

Do not read this in a Library

This one is goos


No comments: