Car Interior Courtesy Lights

I was at Pasar road again. Just after my GDL test. This time, it was bulbs for my car. License plate bulbs, in fact. Just the other evening, it blew, no thanks to me. Usually, when that light was not on, I would give it a thump and everything was back to normal. But on that very night, it refused to light anymore.

Then I happen to come across the white LED courtesy light which sells for RM25.00. And for that price which consists of a circuit board, some current limiting resistors and white LEDs, it was a rip-off. But knowing me, if I want to do this myself, the project would see the light of day come 2009.

Anyway, since the courtesy light was easier to install, I did that first. maybe this weekend I would do the license plate lights.


Its a very simple kit. You just replace the old bulb with this
connector. But make sure it is the right way round because
if its not, they would not light up


This is where the normal bulb was used


And this is where the LED was used. At night, it looked weird
but still brighter than the bulb.

No comments: