How much was it again?

Customer: "I need you to be there as soon as possible"
Me: "But I will be quite late...."
Customer: "We'll be here throughout the evening, don't worry"

Contractor: "Oh, they came half an hour ago and left after that..."
Me: "@#*(& !!!)

And I walked back to the car park dejectedly in the rain after braving more than an hour in the traffic jam just to get there. But on the way, there was a handphone shop. After realising that I have no money for a new handphone or even a second-hand one, I also realised I do not even need one. So, I settled for some fancy-wancy accessories.

Me: You got Sony Ericsson T630 cystal casing or not?
Salesgirl: No. Sorry
Me: You got casing for this Nokia one?
Salesgirl: Yes, we have both blue and black.

Me: How much is the black Nokia casing?
Salesgirl: Only RM12. We sell good quality ones which lets you click the numbers better
Me: OK, lets try it on
Salesgirl takes the new casing, removes the old one and swaps into the phone
Me: That's odd. There is no light on the keypad
Salesgirl: I am not surpised. Maybe your phone's lights have burned out
I remove the casing and showed her there were lights
Salesgirl: Oh, maybe the keypad material makes it dim.
She then puts the casing back and cups her hand around the keypad and showed it to me
Salesgirl: See? There is light. Maybe just now, the autolock was on.

I am cursing silently, deep in my heart. But since she has that "Look, I have seen all and experienced all" look and was quite patient with me, I decided to take them in case she jumps up and out of the counter to rip out my heart with her bare hands.

ME: OK, how much is the crystal case
Salesgirl: RM8 only
Me: Let's have these two then.

Salesgirl: Thank you. That will be RM20.00, please. Oh, heres a bag for your old casing
Me: Nevermind, you can throw it away for me. Bye

No comments: