Rantau Panjang

So, the next stop would be in Prai and we would need to use the East-West Highway to get there. And somehow, along the way, we could not resist stopping by Rantau Panjang. My Boss told me that we would only spend about half an hour there (but eventually, we use up about almost two hours).

Rantau Panjang is located right at the border between Malaysia and Thailand. Why we always go there, I do not know but its a magnet for us as we can get stuff that is not easily available in KL. Either that, or I need to go out shopping more often with the Family. We were happily walking about, buying junkfood, soft toys and clothes for our family until we took a turn and saw a lot of toy airsoft guns diplayed on a makeshift table. On the first round, we played a bit with the guns and enquired about the prices. Still, keeping ourselves under control, we moved on and continued buying the necessary stuff for our family and friends.
Once we have loaded up the car, my Boss has asked me a few more times if I really wanted to get the gun. Since I thought about owning such an illegal item, I decided not to. But after being egged on for a few more times, we decided to bargain and if it failed, at least we have tried. So, we strategised on how to go about getting the guns at a very reasonable price. It went on fine until my Boss saw the metal version. Yeah, needless to say, we went nuts and examined more guns which drew a small crowd very quickly. Actually, my Boss admitted that he just want to see the guns for one last time but after seeing the metal version, he too, could not resist.


[Clockwise from top left]
[1] One of the streets in Rantau Panjang, which is opposite the bus station
[2] This time of the year, Spongebob Squarepants is quite popular. I bought my hip-pouch here
[3] One thing we like to do is to look for exotic crackers and crisps
[4] You can buy branded stuff here too but how original, I am not sure


Clockwise from top left]
[1] We stopped for some (badly bruised) chicken rice. Ha ha ha ha
[2] At the counter, there are some SK-II products but because I do not know where it came rom, I am not going to trouble myself.
[3] This shop across the bus station is always busy, dealing with spices and other foodstuff
[4] You want instant noodles, is it?

No comments: