Something's wrong with my camera

There is something wrong with my FujiFilm S5500. After looking back at my photos taken last year and now, its getting worse. I am scared that if I sent it back to service/repair, I will:
1) Miss out some "important" shots
2) Sell an arm and a leg for the repair charges

Anyway, the problems are:
1) Occasional flicker in the LCD viewscreen
I think it could be the CCD element as when I switched to the bigger LCD window, the smae problem persists.

2) No sound when switched on
I have set the volume up and nothing. Occasionally, the sound does come on

3) No "click" sound when shutter button pressed
Ditto with the volume setting here. I noticed that once I do not hear the "some loose plasticky thingy is rolling inside" sound, I can hear the sounds. Once I shake it again, there goes everything. There is definitely something broken inside.

4) Focusing is out
Where flat surface or anything further than 8 feet is concerned. Maybe the autofocusing gear or sensor is out. So, taking shots in a group is always a harrowing expereience for me, as what happened when Loctor got married. But sometimes, when its OK, the pictures are damn sharp.
Thank goodness the macro shots are still superb.

5) Uncontrollable flash
This happened just last month, in October. I usually set the flash to the lowest setting, which is "-2/3" so that when I take close ups, the flash would not be so bright. Now, I have to take photos more than 10 feet away.

So, I have reset the camera, and even modify the settings (from min to max to min, etc.) and there is no effect. Damn. And its just a few months after one year. And this camera is being used almost at an average of twice a day or more. Maybe I should start saving for a DSLR for my latest "project". Yes, you may also give me some money.


OK, I just want to see how it focused


Here is the problem with the flash


And this is without flash. See the problem?

1 comment:

Peter said...

Simple solution...paste a diffuser on the flash assembly...that should take care of the problem of over-exposure on your compact.