Toys from the past

Just recently, I found one of the boxes I kept for a long time. And with nothing else to do, I decided to take the best/clean ones out of the box and take some pictures. These are the toys I bought on and off while I was overseas. Some brings back memories (like where/who the hell did I get them from?) or even evoke deep emotions (I did this when I was young? What a piece of crap!). Some of the pictures are a bit dark since I used the office's only overhead lighting and use the paper to (wrongly) reflect the light. Anyway, enjoy!


[LEFT] I got this from a convention in Sheffield. I was told it was some enemy pilot from Macross.
[RIGHT] The Borg was one of the first "exciting" action figures from the Star Trek TV series. The first one I got
was Data but he is too dirty to be photographed


[LEFT] I forgot where I got this but he is one of those action figures I had, that has no eyes painted on.
[RIGHT] I don't remember where I got this either. But at that time, the helmet looked cool compared to the standard Stormtrooper


I think I did these in the 90's when I was designing some characters/costumes/waepons for my own (unmaterialised) fantasy comic which was heavily inspired by Judge Dredd, Matsamune Shirow's Appleseed and Aliens's Bishop (who got split in half). These are modified 1/35 Tamiya figures. Bot somehow, the paints for the flesh tones have gone, leaving htem to look more like Zombies.



Alice shouldn't be in here but since some toys were too dirty, I decided to use it. Its one of those cute gashapons I got from XL-Shop which features memorable Disney characters in a matchbox.

No comments: