Hotwheels Spector

When I was at the Amcorp Mall yesterday afternoon to dismantle a system, I passed by one of the toy shops and came across one of Hotwheel's latest. This is called the Spector and its a completely new design. I think they did a series before, where the cars sort of transformed into small robot figures but i don't think it caught on. Anyway, they gave me a good price and I just couldn't refuse. But one thik I hate about Hotwheels is, apart from their increased prices (and now, recycled models for Batman) is that their websites does not update much about their latest model. Until I happen to "remember" when I go to a toy shop or at some Hypermarket checkout counter.

Looking closely at the toy, I think its more like a quad-bike instead of a car. Or maybe its just an exercise in design. It looked more like a cybernetic jaguar with its hind legs chopped off and replaced with some engine and big wheels. Or it was driving the cart when it suddenly split in half....


This is the package. Even at first glance, it already
stood out from other cars. And looking at the bottom,
I assumed the car can bend itself from wheel to wheel


But alas, it could not as the front arm
was fixed. All it could do was to stretch
out like a lazy little cat


And since the back is plastic, the silver paint did
not hold up well. It flaked off when I scratched it
with my little pinkie fingernail


2 comments:

Nex said...

Oi! Stop buying useless things! You have a family to feed!

No wonder you're always broke by the middle of the month :P

CFC said...

Wrong, man. I am now broke on the first week of the month! :P

Its the insurance and what-nots for the kids thats killing us.