Irritating CNY Toy

My wife was shopping at TMC (the origin of Giant Hypermarket) in Bangsar today and at the checkout line, Kristine was given a gift by some man at the counter. And all the time, I was double/triple/quadruple parking outside, fending off jaga kereta boys and incessant honking from expensive cars which were too big to squeeze through. (Ha ha) Also, Kaelynn grew impatient in the car as well and cause a lot of ruckus.

Anyway, the gift was a gold plated plastic representation of gold ingots on top of gold ingots. I thought nothing much about it until my Wife showed me that underneath, there is a trapdoor for 3xAA batteries. So, I presumed since it has lights and chances are, it might have speakers too. Maybe the sound coming out would be the "Choy San Tou" chorus followed with fireworks sound effects. Boy, was I wrong.

The sound that came out sounded more like a young girl high on nitrous oxide or a female chipmunk singing the other part of the Choy San Tou song. Take your pick. Playing one was fine but the recording kept looping. Its OK too but once you switch it on and off and on again, the recording would start from the beginning again, giving you a remixed version of whatever the song was. So, this was what happened when Kristine played with it and within minutes we both had to switch it off. It was worse than scratching your nails on the blackboard.

Still, I am not surprised that it is made in China. And I am not surprised that it has a cheap sound chip inside. But what I am surprised was, the fact that they can make the whole thing as hollow as possible while still produces a deafening sound. Still, MIC toys are now expected to be cheaper than cheap, has lights and sound (maybe even the laser) and are copies of the hard to get expensive originals. Well, that is my expectation after seing so much of them on the streets.


Just press the upside down "Fook" symbol and your
mood turns otherwise


Looks nice, right? Everything is quite hollow inside.
Maybe when everyone else ignores it, I can hide
some of my stuff inside it......... hee hee hee hee

No comments: