New Ding Dong Bell

It was just a matter of time before it happened. The wireless doorbell that survived the harsh weather has just broke. I should have thought about weather-proofing it but I just kept forgetting about it. So, this is my problem. I had no choice but to get a new one since the old doorbell is now beyond function. I mean, I could really look into it and replace the faulty parts but knowing me, it won't happen anytime soon.

This is the old doorbell. Note the water damage to both
the circuit board and the battery terminals. See the top
part of the circuit board, the wavy lines are actually its
antenna. I'll epxlain later why this is so important.


Here is a closer look. Based on what I see, I just hope that
the capacitor is the only component damaged by water


This is the new doorbell, which costs me slightly more
It does not have volume selection and the melodies,
although are nice, is a one-button push affair. There is
a switch at the back which turns on an extra recording
saying "Assallamualaikum"


This is the new doorbell. Note the lines at the bottom
of the circuit board. Its the antenna. Notice the minimal
count of electronic components. Its using the same RF
chip, though. Hmmm... maybe I should R&D on this IC


Thanks to KFC, the new doorbell is now splash-proof!

Do you want fries with that?

Remember the problem with the antenna? Once I mount
it up to the gate, the doorbell refused to work. There must
be something interfering behind the concrete as when I
moved the doorbell a few inches away, it worked. But then,
it is impossible to make another hole for that. So, I opened
both doorbell units and soldered some (red) wires in the
hopes of improving the RF communication. But then, I am
not a Communications expert. Still, in the end, it did work,
but slighty better

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wEasy Get Money :
1. go to the following link; http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=tutekx Join this site. It is also free.
2. You get paid for completing surveys over there 6$ to 4$ dollars per survey and 1.25$ per referral
3. Create a paypal PREMIUM Account at this address. It is free; https://www.paypal.com/row/mrb/pal=DRV7BMWZB45NWWhen asked for credit card details simply say cancel. You do not need to fill it.
4. You can also use paypal money to buy stuff on ebay and other shopping sites.
5. Thats is it. So Simple and I swear it works.I learnt this from another friend and i thought it will be good for my friends here. So I thought of helping
6. Try Now Click Here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. go to the following link; http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=tutekx Join this site. It is also free.
2. You get paid for completing surveys over there 6$ to 4$ dollars per survey and 1.25$ per referral
3. Create a paypal PREMIUM Account at this address. It is free; https://www.paypal.com/row/mrb/pal=DRV7BMWZB45NWWhen asked for credit card details simply say cancel. You do not need to fill it.
4. You can also use paypal money to buy stuff on ebay and other shopping sites.
5. Thats is it. So Simple and I swear it works.I learnt this from another friend and i thought it will be good for my friends here. So I thought of helping
6. Try Now Click Here