My PC's going to Hospital

OK, luckily, I saved up quite a bit and managed to get a 80GB IDE hard disk from Computer war for RM152. Since I had a bit left (from not eating lunch again) I got myself a 2GB Transcent thumbdrive. So, tomorrow, its going back to the Hospital where my friend will attempt a brain transfer.

I know my Tecra is slow and reformatting and reinstalling the Windows XP is quite tempting but I cannot. There are a lot of reasons:

1) I lost the Win XP CD and one or two digits were scratched away from the XP sticker under the Tecra

2) I have some (yes, SOME) original software which needs to be verified on-line again, which could take days or two weeks since I was so busy, Internet connectivity for me is a bit sporadic.

3) Our office Dell notebook, which is the backup, needs to be reformatted soon since most of its registry went nuts or something like that. And when it is down, my Tecra MUST be working.

4) My Wife will definitely kill me over and over again if she finds me spending more time with the Notebooks.

The black box is a USB hub and 19in1 card reader
double-side taped onto my Tecra, OK?

No comments: