The DHL man just came with good and bad news......

Just as I came back from packing a late lunch, (ais limau & Big pau) the DHL guy came into our office. My girl had to let him in when he said there is a package for me. I was surprised as none of my enemie....er, friends had sent anything (bombs, stinky stuff, kinky stuff, etc.) these past few weeks.

Once I opened the packege, everything came back to me. Three days ago, I had ordered some free samples from InterSil, mainly the ICL7107 in DIP and MQFP version. I am so happy to get them now. Thanks to Intersil.

Now, I am hoping they will send some more sample ICs which I have requested too. Wow. First, it was Maxim and now Intersil. This is so cool. I know Microchip also does this but I have not tried it yet since my favourite Pasar Road shop stocks them.

In a nutshell, the ICL7107 measures the DC voltage and then displays them on a 3 and a half 7-segment LED display. In other words, its a LED voltmeter.

In summary:
Good news: I got a lot of ICL7107 ICs
Bad News: I should not have bought the IC at Pasar Road (could have used the money to buy lunch)

Now, I have seven ICL7107 (first was from Pasar Road)
I can make seven LED multimeters if I wanted to. Yeah,
this is going to be my project. But more on this later.

No comments: