The MP3 Cassette Tape

Hello! Hello! Come here! Come here! Come, come. I got something to show you!

What is it?

Look what I got in the mail today! Look! Look!

OK, its just a cassette tape, cables and some car plug. So?


No, no! Look closely! Its a magic cassette tape!
Magic Cassette tape?

Yes! See? See? There are no tapes here!

Yeah, I see someone stuck a cassette player head in there. This is a joke, right?


No, no! It can play a lot of songs! About 2GB's worth!

Sure or not?

Sure! Sure! See? I just transferall my MP3s into the SD card and insert it into the cassette tape

Wow! How did you do that?

Simple! And not only that, if you don't want to put it into the cassette tape player, you can listen to the songs with just the headphone!

Wow! I want one too! Where did you get it?

I got if from eBay la. Worked out to be about RM50-60 plus postage.


Wow. Now, I am interested!

And some more, you can charge its internal batteries from any USB port or from the car!


And so, I got this from eBay for a song while others were selling them at various prices. What they have done is t put a simple MP3 player and a rechargeable battery into a cassette tape and then connect the output to a player head. Such a simple concept. I was looking for alternative solutions to the FM MP3 players when I saw this. Some cars do have a cassette player but with a broken cigarette lighter port. One good thing about this is that I can use it as a stand alone MP3 player too.

The Specs that is worth mentioning abut:
1) Plays MP3 from 32kbps to 256kbps bitrate
2) Supports up to 2GB SD cards
3) Auto repeat
4) Internal lithium-ion battery that lasts for 6 hours (have not tried this yet)
5) You have PLAY/PAUSE, FORWARD, REV, VOLUP, VOL DOWN and EQ buttons

Pros:
1) Music fades out every time you skip forward or backwards.
2) It has a 3.5mm headphone jack
3) Has some nice EQ settings

Cons:
1) Everytime you switch it on, it goes to the first song on the list
2) There is no remote control, you'd have to press the forward skip button a lot of you have a lot of songs
3) Sound quality is OK
4) The buttons are a bit hard to press
5) You cannot control the device (such as forward, skip, pause, etc) when it is inserted into tape player
6) You have to remember to turn the power switch off after charging. I am not sure what will happen since I forgot where I left the manual.

No comments: