The Trip up North . . . Prai

Today, we were rushing. Rushing because we need to be on the road by 12 noon. And rushing because our 1030 stretched to 1330. Rushing because I went to the wrong place to pick my Boss up. And rushing because wee need to be in Prai way before 5PM so that while I worked in Prai, my Boss can hop over to Penang to do a site inspection for another customer.

In the end, we could only reach Prai. Since both of us have experienced these snafus before, there is no point in arguing or pointing fingers but to go on. I was half expecting to pack the Sitiawan trip together too but alas, the customer was still too busy to entertain us for their repair bills. But one good thing is that we do not need to stay overnight. The priginal trip was to go to Penang first, do the site inspection and then, if there is time, work on the Prai customer, stay the night and continue the next day.

"Oh no, you don't. My tech and I have a big customer tomorrow and I would like to go back tonight (If that's alright with you. Ha ha ha)", I told him.

Still, after the job, we stopped by Bkt. Tambun for a seafood dinner (which I would hazard to guess, contributed greatly to the pain on my leg and now, the right thumb). The dinner was so-so, as if the standard had dropped. Also, they have this Ceremony for the God, and there were some Dell people holding a Sony Alpha, I did not have the mood to stop and take photos of anything and everything since it was already a bother walking about with the pain in my leg.

Still, my Boss got some sotong for me and my Wife. Its one of those dried sotongs where they grill it, then put under the rollers to stretch it into long crispy wafers. Unfortunately, despite all the protections of the plastic food cover, the cat snatched it in the night and left traces on the floor the next morning.

And so, we reached Prai 5 minutes after 5, saw the Penang
Bridge jam and turned back. The Penang customer goes
home at 1730 sharp. We went to the Prai customer instead.


A simple job, really. Find all the seven new Telekom numbers.
Then find all the seven tables. And then, find the big cable to
connect all the Seven Telekom numbers to the Seven cables
that leads to the Seven Tables for the Seven Credit Card
machines. And it took us sev...er one and a half hours.

There bad effect of wearing a dark T-shirt when you're
sweating. The white stuff are the things that come out
from your sweat and dried on the shirt. But you can
just "rub" with off after wetting the palm of your hand
and wiping off.

Then, horrors of horrors, my right foot became very
painful by the time I came back about one in the
morning. Yeah, I was either walking too much in Prai
as there were seven tables to go back and fro to, or
this is another Gout attack, the first for this year.

Oh, while we were in Damansara Uptown for the meeting, I
popped by the 100yes store hoping to get another of those
mini containers like the one I had (orange, on the right) but
since they did not have it anymore, I opted for the bigger one.
But I was disappointed when I came back and opened it s the
lid is too loose. So, I hope to "bend" it back with hot water.

I also got another container, which is to keep all the wires in
the bag. But because of the foam, I would need to cut the ears
off if I want to place it another 90ยบ direction. The foam's OK but
my Boss is trying to get me some of the black "air-con" foams
which he claims can still retain shape despite my heavy
Tecra Notebook in there.

No comments: