Fucking Nokia 5800!

That's it, man! I have had enough of this crap. When its repaired, it supposed to be OK. But not like this. The phone hangs when I make a call, receive a call and so on. And today, it really takes the cake. It rebooted itself and then asks me to enter the Date and Time, as if its pretending to be a 3xxx series Nokia phone. Not only that, using the Garmin XT software, it kicks me out every few seconds and I have to go in again and again. With the voice option, things got worse. And I can't even synchronise the phone.


[Update: 17042009]
In frustration, I took out the 8GB microSD memory card and then reinserted and rebooted it again. Also, I told the phone to scan itself and the memory card for whatever reasons I could not explain. But apparently, either one of the step worked because all of a sudden, the interface became faster, and then menu really pops up and all, a sure sign of the actual V20 firmware working in there. And on the way home, the Garmin XT did not even kick me out, even when the voice option was on. It did hang when my Boss called while I was entering details on the Phonebook, though. Still, I have to give it a week before I decide if I want to send it to the Nokia Service centre again or not.

If the phone does not hang, then this is the problem because thinking back, most of the data was stored when my old 5800 was using the v8 firmware. And maybe, just by scanning it, it went to v20 format? Bear in mind though, there is no software (or so I think) for defragmenting or repairing memories for the Nokia 5800. Whatever it is, I just hope this was the cause.

No comments: