Where did you say the System was?

When I visit a new customer for the very first time, I have to be mentally prepared for things that might disturb me. The moment I step into their office, my Engineer mind takes over and this might be a bit of a problem. For you see, when a system has been installed, the installation must follow a set of Rules. And after that, when a technician comes to service the system, they too, must follow a set of Rules. Not doing that would mean they are not disciplined enough and would face my wrath.

Fortunately (for them), I have since resigned and now, I have to be more aware of my surroundings and compromise. And so, this brings me to today's customer. I am not sure about the details on how this system was installed and I do not want to disturb my tech since he is on MC after falling off his bike. But I was not happy with what I saw.....

Hidden in a corner next to the toilet entrance and squished
by the Photcopier, is the system. And on the opposite side
are the shelves, just about three and a half feet away. Which
is not a lot of space to work in.

Once I have removed the Photocopier, things got a bit better
but still, its not easy to work with the system so low. After I
sat on the floor, it was not a comfortable environment, which
increases my grumpiness. (Ha ha ha)

And if I did get the chance to find out which idiot did this,
I am going to give him a nice lecture, after I punch him in
the face, that is.


The system is barely an inch above the floor. I complained
to the customer and he said the installer did it. He was
quite flippant about it until I pointed out the dangers
of installing the system in such position.

[Update 14.04.2009]
My tech informed me that the system was not mounted by him as he only connects the cables and terminated them. As for the messy cabling, I am guessing its another party who installed the auto-dialers and messed up the whole box.

No comments: