I do not like Coffee

OK, I do not like coffee much. I only like them when I am in the mood to like them. I mean, sure, they do taste nice but somehow, its never the same as compared to drinking Nescafe. For one, Nescafe has that strange feeling of leaving you asking yourself, "Did I just drink that Nescafe?" and the oft feeling that the drink felt so thin, as if its flavoured water with sugar added. NEver mind if the latest A mentioned its full of antioxidant. But I just do not really like coffee unless:

1) Its mixed with chocolate (or even durian, yes, it does exist at one time in 1Utama) and ice blended

2) Its from those Chinese restaurant, "Kopi Peng" which is so thick, you suspect they added cornflour

3) Chek Hup 3in1 Creamy Coffee

4) Just plain black coffee and bits of sugar, especially on a cold day.

Other than that, for the rest of 24x7x265 days, I cannot bring myself to enjoy it. Sure, occasionally I would mistakenly spit the word, "Nescafe Ais" when I was supposed to order "Limau Ais" but there you go, I still won't like it. Another thing is, compared to Tea, which one sip would turn me into an Owl for the rest of the Night (and morning), Coffee offers me two choices: Stay up slightly later or sleep like a log when I least wanted to do so.

Which comes to this morning's story. A lot of people think I like coffee inclusing myself, sometimes, to which, in actual fact, I do not. While I was mixing my cup of Chek Hup cofferr, Mom came in and saw me doing that. Sometimes, she sees me eating of drinking some stuff and that would just be the slightest excuse to buy them by the container loads which would mean, I have to finish them off. OK, so I exaggerrated but this is also one of the reasons which I would like to have my food and drinks in private, if I can. Since I do not talk much, everyone would assume whatever I ate, would be my favourite............

Me: la... la..... la.... la...
Mom [rushed in]: You're making coffee?
Me: Yeah. MY coffee
(as in my own preferred brand, no those dangerously-increase-your-heart-rate green packs of Nescafe Coffee)


Mom: Here, you should try this. I bought it for you.
I took a look at it. [Hokay. Its pink. And this sets off the testosterone alarm]

Me: No thanks. I prefer my own brand
Mom: Well try it. Its quite mild

Me: Mild?
Here is where double meaning comes in. Mild as in what? Unfortunately, I could not
asked further as my Mom rushed out of the kitchen. So, let's have a closer look at the bag.

The word, "Power Root" on a pink background is never a good sign. Maybe my Mom is hinting at something. You know. "Power". "Root". Get it?

What the.......?
So, is it for me to drink and thus end our
family line or for my Wife so we can conquer the World?

Or maybe, its because of this. Nevertheless, I am NOT drinking this coffee. And the very idea of spending RM100.00 for a bras is really not my cup of.....

3 comments:

Blueyebabe said...

hmmm..I oso think she bought it bcoz of the bekas plastik kedap udara, wahaha~

Erika said...

kacip fatimah is definitely for women. when u see pink you know it's for ladies. power root is just the brand name.

if u like coffee with chocholate, how about mocha? i like hot cafe latte from starbucks.

CFC said...

Yeah, but even my Wife won't touch it. I like Starbucks too. But after married, cannot force myself to drink them anymore. Too expensive already.