A new toy gun

Sometimes, when I go to shops or places which are manned by those sole proprietors, I can never tell the outcome. Sometimes, it would be a nice experience and sometimes, you just get the feeling you're being fleeced right under your nose. To them, its just daily Life. To you, its a "I have a blog and what I say goes and so, I shall never come to this shop again" rant.. Right?

Heh. Anyway, when it comes to these people, it never hurts to be the first one to nice. And sometimes, more often than not, its the ladies who will either charge me higher or refuse to lower the price. Maybe its just me but it does happen and I am not being chauvinist. However, sometimes its the old men who do this to me. And they know, just like the ladies, I could never ever punch their lights out.

I am very sure this toy was there for ages as the plastic
bag is darkened with dust. And unfortunately, this type
of shop only takes one or two random toys supplied to
them. And if you wanted more, they're out of stock too.

Me: Excuse me, how much is this?
Lady#1: Let me see......... (she takes it down, and searches do the price tag) RM7.50
Me: Oh, really? HOW much is it? (indirectly asking for discount)
Lady#1: Let me check. (and she goes to the second lady, who looks like the Boss)
Lady#2: RM7.50 Me: Oh, OK. I'll take it. Its for my kid (bluffing, another attempt for discount) While she took the toy and was about to take my money, a old man appeared behind the counter.
Man: You want some batteries?
Me: Er, no thanks. I have plenty at home where the kids just break the toys and I salvage the batteries (its true, I tell you)
Man: Never mind, I have a lot of them here, its all cheap ones too.
Me: OH, OK, then.
Man: Here you go. (He fits in the batteries and we tried out the toy)
Me: Thank you. Here is the money
Man: OK, here's RM3 back and the battereis're free.
Me: I though it was RM7.50
Man: Never mind, never mind
Me: Thank you very much again.


The reason why I got this toy gun was because it looked familiar. Very very familiar, I might add. At that point in time, I could not recall where I have seen it but I do know, I need to get it. (Not must, OK?). Here's a short video about the toy gun.




And so, with the pull of the trigger,
it lights up the red LED at the top
and the bulb (bulb?) at the front.

So, does this gun look familiar to you?

Yeah, my memory's bad, as I so secretly
wanted it to be the Galaxy Quest Nebulizer
(Image taken from The Questarian)

Why, its no other than a late 90's NERF Lock n Load!
You can see how its being modified here.

No comments: