Begedil (Potato cakes?)

Begedil is a potato dish which you sort of skin it, mash it up, add some ingredients, roll it into a small bun and deep fry it. And I loved it. I did not know much about this until two years ago. And everytime, if I happen to be eating at a Malay stall, I would definitely look for it. And so it was that during our trip to Mydin last weekend, we decided to try these mini begedils after getting a sample (OK, seven samples) from the kind lady cooking at the corner.

These mini begedils are about less than an inch in
diameter. Its a bit soft which is weird as when the
Demo lady took hers out of the oven, it was crunchy.


Yes, Mydin does support a lot of local products. Which
is good, compared to others. But then again, they have
their own unique customers who do not go to these
other markets.

And so, we dutifully followed the instructions.
And we even set the temperature to 150ÂșC
and set it to a longer 15 minutes.


Although its soft like mashed potatoes,
everyone loved it. But for the price we
paid, its a bit stiff. I think I might buy
another when my pay comes it.
Soon. I hope.

No comments: