Lasagna!

This is my second time at doing Lasagna since my time at the University. When I was small, I always wondered why Garfield loved Lasagna. Heck, I don't even know what it was; some layered cake or something. It was not until I researched the recipe for it did I realise what Lasagna is. And damn, its high in milk, cheese and more cheese. Which is wonderful. Until now because at that time, I don't even have gout or knew what it was.

Anyway, Wife & Mom decided to make Lasagna for dinner and with me being the only one who knew what it was, I was in charge. So, my Wife did the meat cooking stuff while I directed the direction flow of the sauce. Heh.

For a can of tomato, this is expensive. I told her
we could use some tomato paste, ketchup and
some mixed herbs and it would not make any
difference. One thing we did not add were the
onions as Mom does not like them. Me? If I
could, I would put in the whole sack.

When I came back from University, I gave Mom a
Lasagna dish. It became a dust collector instead.
Now, when we want it, its missing. So, we make do
with some other porcelain dish.


I put in three layers and was tempted to mix
some milk with those cheese stuff until I
realise I don't know what I am doing. So, its
layers of tomato meat then carbonara, then
the lasagna sheet and so on until you get three
layers.

And so, with the two lasagna ready, its time to
pop them into the oven. For cheese, which Mom
said she bought a lot, I found out they were just
sliced cheese and not those parmesan and other
exotic cheese. Oh well.


Well, yes, Wife did suggested that we spray water
on top of the cheese every now and then to keep
it moist. The bottom right is dry and I do not know
who ate it afterwards.


I think I should have added more layers for this one
since its very deep. But we ran out of sauce. So, the
next time, I think I am going to do one my way. This
looked like a boil I used to have on my nose when I
was about 17 years old. I squeezed it, and it popped
off, leaving a lot of pus coming out. Then when I
touched it, the nose felt sponge squishy as if it was
empty inside.

Yum-yum! Unfortunately, its not very filling though
as there were only enough for a helping per person.

Well, I do admit, its very dry. Should have added
more water to the tomato sauce and the white
carbonara and then let them drown in it. Oh yeah,
next time, no more shallow dishes.

No comments: