No, I am not fat.

The clip broke. And it has nothing to do with my body. Really.

It broke during our trip to Taiping yesterday and I need to a replacement fast. After thinking much about it, the clip broke because I held the belt at an angle instead of holding it straight. Umm.... how can I explain this.

OK, the belt material is tough and rigid. You can flex it side ways (horizontal movement) but its resistant to being flexed up and down (vertical movement). And so, when I am not wearing it, I should be holding the belt vertically so that the clip on the belt is vertical. And the clip is actually the weakest part of the belt. If I bend it, to say, 30ยบ, the strain of of the belts weight will concentrate on the clip and so, it breaks.

This is what happens when you do not let the belt
hang vertically, say, on your shoulders.

Luckily, there is a shop selling stuff for making clothes
and I got this 1½ inch clip for RM1.50. After some quick
modifications, I got the belt ready. But if you look at it,
its not going to last long and so, even with the spare in
the pouch, I have to look for a tougher design.

No comments: