Getting more tools from Pasar Road

OK, OK. I stupidly went to Pasar Road again this morning in the hopes that I could get some more resistors apart from my usual shop as they do not open on Sundays. I should have known they do not sell such special high quality specs. Still, all is not lost as I needed a few tools too:

From left to right: Ceramic alignment tool ( fancy word
for non metal screwdriver which is very important when
you play with radio frequencies) RM2.00 each, a solder
wick to remove solder from the PCB board RM3.50, a
pair of non magnetic tweezers (for the microscopic SMD)
RM6.00, a Helping hand which I will convert to a PCB
soldering jig RM29.00 and lastly, the Philips Power2Night
H4 car headlamps RM115.00. Yeah, my last cheque came
through this morning. Not shown were a soldering iron
replacement tip for my 5 year old iron. Or was it 10?


The tweezers and desk magnifier came into good use when someone knocked over a cactus plant and someone else picked it up without protection..... Ha ha ha ha. No, it was not me but I had fun pulling the six cactus needles out from the middle finger.

This is a very bright H4 and though I was tempted
to get the cooler (white) bulbs, its not recommended
since it would not allow me to see clearly during rain
and also, I do not want to donate to the Police Charity
Ball as well.


I love the packaging a lot. There are no cellophane
tapes or any other fastenings. Just the normal
click and snap locks, all held together by this
paper cardboard box.

Once you pull the two white covers apart, and then
the two grey bulb holders, everything would come
apart but you have to be careful not to touch the H4
bulbs, even with your hand. Dray as it feels, fingers
have sweat and when the glass is hot, they would
compromise the whole bulb and crack the glass.

Can't wait to for them into my Bengmobile. But I
have to get some other things first.... soon.

No comments: