Kaelynn's First Pool dip

As so, today is Kaelynn's first try in the swimming pool. Actually, its a baby pool. And with the new swimming costume we got for her last Friday, she was very excited. My Dad walked her around the pool to help her familiarise the place and then I took over from there. I led her by the hand to the steps. The slowly, into the pool. I was hesitant to just throw her into the pool like those 'tough' childhood stories because I would know that she would have a phobia.

You can see she is very excited because her her mouth is opened wide and with her tongue almost sticking out. Yes, this is one of those 'beyond the wildest dreams' feeling for her. Slowly, I led her in more, and taught her how to submerge herself up to the neck. She is not ready for the 'underwater' session just yet. And so, I 'walked' her around the pool to break the wonderment.

'If you panic, just stand up'
It was not until I started to splash water on her that she started to have fun. And later on, with Kristine's lesson over, she came by and played with Kaelynn. But at the same time, I also made sure she practiced her lesson too. With her sister around, Kaelynn was not so scared anymore. I started to dunk Kristine into the water so that Kaelynn could see it was fun. And so, I tried it on her but ..... well, it needs more work. Luckily the baby pool is shallow and when she panics, she would either try to stand up or after a few seconds, I would pull her up if she failed.

Kaelynn with her new costume

You can tell how much water was
displaced when I went into the
pool. Yeah, I am fat. Very fat now.

No comments: