The Closing of The Outpost

Maybe it was too far away from the centre of The Galaxy. Maybe it was the work of the Economic Forces. Maybe, maybe. Nah.

After three years and five months, The Outpost will be no more come 31st March, 2010. Its like losing an old friend. But still, its sad, really. The Outpost was THE place to be in and THE place to be seen to be in by the PEOPLE. I was there almost every week when it opened but once I realised that one of the partner, Pol has sold off his shares, I was less than enthusiastic. And after I found out the blueberry freeze was pulled off the menu, it was the last straw. Nevermind if the SFTPMS had their activities there every Sunday. Nevermind if there were cosplay activities there. But not having a blueberry freeze is the main reason I stopped going there.

The last time I was there was months ago and with a new partner, they have opened a new store to cater for toys inside the Cinema. So the Cafe was more or less, well, just a cafe and nothing more. Speaking about the toy shop, there were many a time I wanted to help by buying from them but the stuff I wanted such as the Nerf Element EX-6 (which was a Toys r Us exclusive) was never there. Moreover, the fatty manning the shop was not that attentive. However, this time when I was there, they had the Nerf Longstrike which I wanted but let's see how next month's salary says. Then, its a decision either to help a friend (who don't even know who you are let alone knows you call him a friend) or getting more Toys r Us points......

On another note, I wanted to buy the already made 1/350 battle damaged NX-01 Enterprise but at RM439, its still too high. Never mind if its out of production and all but once its cut from sprues and painted, its not worth so much. Me? I wanted to to break it into pieces, stuff in the electronics and glue it back. Heh heh.

This will be the last scene of The Outpost.

Richard is labelling all the items for sale. Unfortunately,
the helmets, especially the Iron Man, is not for sale at
RM20.00 but the shelf. Oh, the SFTPMS were having
their AGM behind the curtains and a sneak peek in
there, the atmosphere is very grim. Its as if they're
looking for a fight or something. Ha ha ha ha.

No comments: