The Last Minute Repulsor

OK, this is a rush job for me. All the while, I had all the time from Sunday to Wednesday to do this. But in the end, I rushed it through on Wednesday night. For it was because most of the things I have (hoarded), could not be found due to so many boxes. Secondly, the family drill, I found out, broke years ago. By Tuesday, the draft of the armature is ready. It won't be near anywhere like the one you saw in Iron Man I. And so, by Wednesday, I had bought a drill at the nearest DIY shop near the office. And then by Wednesday evening, the drill bit I had out was of the size which meant I had to waste more time and money to get the correct bit.

And so, the real project started at 9PM and by 4 in the afternoon, it was finished. I had to call it a day because the drill bit actually shattered when I accidentally hit it on a table. I was so distraught not only because of the pressure I had unnecessarily subjected myself to but it finall dawned on me the huge amount of work left to make it look reasonably convincing.

Still, at least the thing is working 4 out of 10 times.

The raw materials which I bought. I only ended up using
less than 30% of it. What a waste.

Yeah, it does not look anything remotely like what you
saw in the movie.

Still at least it worked. And the saving grace is that
in the movie, the Arc Reactor lit up exactly like you
saw in the image above.

And so, I have less than 18 hours to go, to see if this monstrosity works in front of a crowd......

No comments: