The rewards of lunching alone

I was a bit late for lunch today but then again, at the place where I work, these shops do not close for the day, even after three in the afternoon. They cater for three main meals. With so many shops around, just one or two closing does not really matter because they're literally next to each other.

Anyway, after my appointment, I decided to have my 'regular' vege lunch. The lady asked me where my friends went because they were not around. This was because most of the colleague in one dept always come here for lunch. I know where they went but I decided to be diplomatic and tactfully replied, "Oh, I guess they are busy with work because one customer is rushing for things."

Nevertheless, she was still happy I came and when I
ordered my usual Kari Kuey Teow, I got a lot of extra
stuff. If I knew that, I would not have ordered the side
dish. You know, "side" "dish"? Get it?

Yeah, there is a lot of liew here

And I love this vege..... thing to bits.

No comments: