Tian Yake Ban Mian

As I finished meeting up with my customer in Jalan Chow Kit, I decided to look for the Pan Mee in Lorong Haji Taib 5. Its been years since I had last tasted it. It was nice but still, for old time's sake, I decided to go back to have another bowl.

One stall serves drinks while the other cooks
the pan mee for you. They were 'manned' by
two ladies and each lady has their own helper

Ah, the delicious and tongue burning hot pan
mee! Just add a little bit of lime and some
chilli sauce, its nice.
[Wife: It tasted like crap. The soup base is all
wrong and the chilli comes from some cheap
supermarket.]

The pan mee is so soft and moist, its almost
transparent.
[Wife: Its soggy]

And so, after enjoying a bowl of it, I decided to
pack three packs home on the way to another
custome.
[Mom: What? You should have called ahead so
we won't have to waste money on the kuey teow]

Finally, guess who had to finish them for dinner?

And oh, the fried rice Mon and Wife made tasted
much better. makes me wonder of the 'Ho Chiak'
people are as tasteless as me to choose such crap
places of all things.

No comments: