The aftermath of the Storm

My friend's home was affected by the heavy storm two nights ago. And on that day, I can remember that it was very bad for me too. I was rushing to get the printouts to my customer and because of the heavy rain, I drove to the other side of the factory. Long story short - My GM witnessed how the gate got flooded off its railing when the guard opened the gate for me, trapping my car in the process. But luckily, I got a backup in my thumbdrive and so, in the rain, he saw me walked off to the office to email to my client instead.

Just after dinner, I got news of my friend whose mommy's house was affected by a tree. Despite my offer to help, she insisted that everythig is OK. moreover, with the mention of reporters, I stayed away since the possibility of being on the front page of a newspaper wearing nothing but a very loose pair of boxer shorts might damage my credibility as a potentially famous blogger of nonsense.

And so, today, we drove by to her house to kaypoh a bit and from the crime scene, it does not take a genius to tell the whole story of how it happened (then again, geniuses are hard to come by in this country due to the brain-drain). Apparently, the wind blew the tree so hard that its trunk snapped off and fell to the opposite side. Because of the leaves and strong branches which acted as springs, causing the whole tree to bounce away and into the alley behind the houses and blocking the drains. Which confirms my suspicions that out water comes from the drain since moment after this, I could not get a nice bath.

Either that or the Society of Overweight Squirrels were having their annual meet-up on that tree......

1 comment:

Peter said...

Either that or you're looking at another termite problem...:)