Vegetarian Assam Laksa

For an impromtu lunch today, I decided to invite my colleagues to join me and Vee-chai. But one thing led to another and we all ended up in another colleague's car, heading towards Old klang Road. I have never been in a Hyundai Matrix going full speed with 6 people on board. Yes, I was scary because the car was going not less than 80Kmh. Still, it has a lot of torque which is great. And because of that, we arrived at the place in less than 15 minutes.

Because of the driving, I plainly forgot the name of the place but its on the direction towards Mid-Valley and just before the Buddhist temple. And to tell you the truth, this is a very nice Vegetarian restaurant.

Everyone was ordering Vegetarian chicken rice, Vegetarian Nasi lemak and so on but I ordered Vegetarian Assam Laksa. It was the last to come because they ran out of the laksa noodles and so, I let them add whatever else noodles they can find.

And when it arrived, it looked delicious.

You can see from the reddish soup that its
going to be very hot. But in actual fact, its
not. My colleague who tested the soup,
commented that its very nice and the
taste does not linger in the mouth, like
the normal Assam Laksa. Its very 'ching'

There were also two choices of chili, one is
the red one and the other, is the green one
which is supposed to be hot. Unfortunately,
both of them are just OK.

will i go back there again. Definitely. But I just hope they can speak other language apart from Mandarin.

No comments: