Real Life car Puzzle game




Do you remember a puzzle game called Rush Hour? This is a puzzle where you need to move the bus/cars left and right or up and down so that your car can come out of the parking lot Hell. I twas quite popular so much so that it went from a normal puzzle box into a computer software version. I wondered of there is such a thing like this which inspired this game.

Well, I found my answer (sort of) when I was at the customer's place in OSK Plaza. As there were insufficient parking for Visitors, I was presented with a very unique solution: A moving parking lot.

I have seen this on some other buildings but this was implemented on a larger scale. Perhaps there are other such solutions in the Golden Triangle but would mean I have to park in every building. And this would encourage me to see more customers! Yay!

When I first drove the car into the Basement level, I was taken aback when I saw these rows of cars, with no maneuvering space. OH, there is one. But.. its... at... the... back...
Looking closer, I realised that these cars were on top of a sliding platform. Interesting.
Now, this is a very intimidating experience because there were no instructions and everyone within hearing vicinity is watching you to make your first move. Eventually, one helpful chap showed me how to do it.
Let's say your car or there is an empty platform in there, all you have to do is punch the appropriate number on the main control and then stand back. The whole platform system will then slide about until the one you wanted in in front of you.
I don't have a video of this but its amazing. The only fear is that when it breaks down and you're late for your appointment/lunch/break/go-home-time....

No comments: