1/32 Revell F-14 Tomcat

I got this from a SFTPMS member, Mig21 sometime ago and after doing a face-to-face, I even had to drive him to the nearest LRT. 

This is the box that came with the kit.
And these are the contents of the kit that came inside the box.

OK, to me, 1/32 is a very big scale. If you want to know how big it is, look at your index finger. The first two notches from your fingernail to the second notch is about two inches, which represents the height of a 1/32 figure. Now, put that figure into a car, and the car is about 5 inches. Put him into a modern tank, its reaching almost to a feet. Now, imagine putting him into a F-14 Tomcat...



So, if I were to build this 1/32 kit, imagine the length....

OK, to be honest, bigger isn't better but for me, this is not important. This was because I did a 1/48 sometime ago, (OK, it was 24% completed), and the size was quite 'big'. I did not realise that there is a 1/32 scale from Revell. At the time, the only time it could be that big was from Tamiya and good luck buying one of them which costs about RM500. So, getting one from Revell seems to be the only compromise. Luckily, I was never one of those anal rivet counters or else I would have completely ignore this item for sale. to them, I would presume even the Tamiya kit would still be imperfect.

Anyway, I have the kit now, and I am so happy. But to the to-do bin it has to go, CNY mood or not. Seriously, even if I wanted to start on this right now, I do not have the proper tools nor an airbrush.



No comments: