Symbian Belle Part II

Remember what I said about the Belle's Screensaver? Well, Nokia's Beta Labs has their own screensaver, which is called the Nokia Sleeping Screen. A much improved over the normal screensaver, it shows the status of incoming SMS, missed calls, time & date and also, state of the phone's battery while still giving you a nice graphic screen. Also, it has a night mode which you can set and the screen graphics will schange accordingly so that the bright lights would not disturb your sleep. Yes, I sleep with the phone at my side.

In a nutshell, this is a screensaver which does not use much of the phone's battery.

And its free from Nokia's Beta Labs.

This is the bring Nokia n8 screensaver

This is the Nokia Sleeping Screen

This is how you set the Night Mode

This is how it shows when I don't take your calls or SMS

This is the phone's battery being charged

And so, with this free App, I am so happy with the Nokia Symbian Belle. It makes the n8 just there when you need it and keeps quite when you're busy with other things. It will not intrude into your life or cause you stress. That is, if no one calls me...

The Weather Report.
OK, now, the next App is this OVI Weather which I have forgotten if it came with Belle or additional installs. But still, its a nice App, provided you use WiFi. Since I don't think I have a data Plan, I would not check this outside. But whatever it is, the screens are beautiful to look at.



The WLAN Utility
WiFi status reports, searching for them and connecting have greatly improved. Sometimes, I swear that this App automatically updates itself every few seconds. But I could be wrong.


No comments: