Kalkitos @Tziplee

Hands up for those of you who have heard of Kalkitos!

Yep, we're really that old. Back in the days, when it first came out, I did not know what to do with it. So, when I saw it again, being sold at Tziplee for RM20.00, I still do not know what to do with it.

Kalkitos is actually a decal transfer system. What you get is a nice three page fold-out background and a sheet of coloured decal or transfers. What you need to do is plan where each of the decals do, then place the sheet on that spot and use a pencil or the blunt tip of a pen to rub on the desired image. Once you have done that, lift the decal sheet up and voila! the image is transferred onto the background paper.

Permanently.

Yes, permanently and you cannot take the decal off the background paper without destroying it. I know, eyebrows are raised over this concept but let me tell you this: other kids were going ga-ga over them and collected as many Kalkitos series as they go along. All except me.

I still do not know what to do with it.



Just so you know, Tziplee has moved from the street below to this new swanky location.

No comments: