The Bamboo whistle

While I was picking up Kristine from the school today, I noticed and old guy on his motorbike speaking to one of the bus drivers. OK, so, he's a new face but then again, this is nothing new. But just to be sure, I would watch his actions for any suspicious behavior.

Which I completely forgot about him when the bell rang.

This is something I have to discipline myself because, in this environment, you more or less know which 'regular' parent is picking up their kids; anything out of the ordinary is worth taking notice. Anyway, back to the old guy. He was holding a bamboo whistle and playing a 'tune' which sounded more like random notes. But this is a special whistle because the notes coming out sounded as if it came from the birds on the trees. Maybe, he is looking for his lost pet and trying to coax it back to him...



It was not so. He was selling the bamboo whistles at RM4.00 each.
When I was leading Kristine to the car, I heard the notes again and I asked if she would like a whistle, which she quickly said yes. So, I bought two from him and told him to keep the change. He is actually a disabled person but instead of letting himself believe his fate, he fought and became independent. I told Kristine that even if you're down, you're not out yet and he is the perfect example. Just get up and fight on...

But in actual fact, I believe I am telling myself to get up and fight on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chow, your blogs are an inspiration. It is so true that if we do continue to fight we eventually stand tall and come to a better place. Let us continue our fights knowing that as Queen sung in their hit song: Radio Ga-Ga..........."you're yet to have your finest hour". Yes, the best is yet to come. From your BIL in Australia.

CFC said...

Thanks for the message.

Its very depressing when everyone has already got up and in their feet while I am still in la-la land.

Waking up everyday, fooling myself into thinking I am contributing but in actual fact, I am just a time waster.

Still, yes, its a daily fight and most of the time, I always end up bitter and cynical. Oh well, this is just me but I just keep on hoping that one morning, my dreams will be there...