20240328 Servicing my Bengmobile2


 
 
 I can tell you that today is a very special day for me. After more than 25 years of owning a car, I finally know how to... change the engine oil. I've seen the guys do that everyday but today, I get to do it by myself (i.e. unsupervised). And just to clarify, I bought my own engine oil and stuff, plus we had to wait until after all the other cars were done.

 It's a very simple process where you drain out the oil at the bottom and fill it up at the top. The main thing is to know which tools to use, how to get the car oriented properly in the bay, which nut to release and, for my Bengmobile2, where the oil filter is hidden. Oh, and also, make sure the engine is cooled down somewhat. Don't ask how my fingers got... nevermind,

During the session, I learnt a lot about my car and some preventive maintenance too.
 

See the date? It's more than 4.5 years already and they battery is still going strong!
That's Europower for you. Previously, it was an Energizer, which lasted 4 years.


Got a little worried there as a few months ago, aswe kinda sucked out the brake fluid months ago.
The guys said it was most probably the dirty oil cap which was not cleaned.


Next would be the Aircond which, during the day, was never cold. We discovered that the left sponge (many thanks to WL Autoparts for the picture) is missing. These two black sponges acts as a kind of makeshift cold air intake and thermal barrier from the hot engine air next to it. Yeah, it's basically, a heat shield. So, I need to get them soon.


Anyway, after watching some videos on Youtube, this one is giving me ideas since the double-sided tapes are claimed to be weak.






No comments: