20240304 Dat Sponge Thingy

 So, the sponge thingy arrived. Which means over the next week's Hari Raya holidays, I can take down my Bengmobile2's front bumper and began the installation process. Yay.

 Except that it's not going to be.

 The sponge that came was soft. I have not felt the original sponge yet but I do feel that the replacement sponge are too weak. It's as hard as a dish washing sponge.

The Plan

 The whole reason for these sponges were to create a basic box where the aircond condenser's (that looks like a radiator) fan does not pull in the hot air from the engine next to it. All is well but in my mind I was thinking, what if the car was moving at 100km/h or more? The tremendous rush of wind would cause the whole sponge to collapse.

 And so, I have ordered some EVA Foam with 60° (I am not sure what kind of hardness measurement this is) which I hope will be able to withstand the wind buffeting.

 

The only thing I can do with these sponges right now is to use them as cutting template for the coming EVA foam. I intentionally ordered this without the double-sided tapes for reasons unknown. At least, that proved correct.

 

No comments: