20241013 When you have some 'expired' crisps...

 So, yeah, we had a bag of fried chips of unknown expiry date. I am not sure why we had to follow this because, if the crisps are still crispy and no taste of oil it was in, it is not expired. Then again, with locally bought stuff, the attempts to put an expiry date is half-hearted to say the least.

For me, the rule of thumb is, if it is still crispy and no smell, it is OK to eat. If it is coated with those chili/ sambal paste, it will have a soft crisp. As long as it does not taste like salty shiet, it is OK to eat, I guess.

Anyway, coming back to the suspected crisp, in theory, I can shove them under a hot oven to rejuvenate them. Actually, I wanted to do that but my hunger was more important. So, yeah, I ladled it will some left-over lunch and that's it.

 

Just add them with a nice dish full of sauces. The liquid will soften the potatoes which also soaks up the sauce. But do not leave it for too long unless you want everything to be soft.

 

No comments: