Before I have even heard of the guy, I was already liking one of his pop songs, namely the famous, 'Moonlight Shadow'. And of course, the Killing Fields. Alas, I only know of the Etude single.
It was not until in the early 90's that I was in the Scotland that I listened to his Tubular Bells II CD loaned form the local Library. Never mind this is the guy who composed the Soundtrack for, 'The Exorcist' or even for Blue Peter
Tubular Bells II
Born on 15th May 1953, Michael Gordon Oldfield is on of the most talented musical artist I have ever come across. Apart from Enya, his album Tubular Bells II stayed with me for a very long time and there is no one single track that I did not like.
Live in Ediburgh Castle 1992
To be honest, I did not even know about his Live Performances until decades later (Life, I suppose). After watching the Video, I left quite happy. The Concert follows most of the Tunes (except in some parts) in the Tubular Bells II CD. And if you have the copy, you would know that each track slide to the next track almost continuously. So the Live Concert was no different. And the best part, when my favourite track Sunset Door, transitioned to Tatoo at about 45:10 and then revealing the The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards minutes later.
![]() |
| There are quite a lot of this Concert on YouTube but the I found on Rumble was so much better. |

No comments:
Post a Comment