The Percussions which got me started
When I was in the UK in the early 90's there was one Ad which got me hooked due to the drum beats. It was a Reebok Ad where every step or hit synchronised with the beats. Not only did the imaginative visuals centred on the white line, it had a lot of meaning to it (which I was quite oblivious). And so, began my search for that song, naively thinking it could be a CD single or some movie soundtrack...
Cue Paul Simon
So, the next closest thing I could get my hands on was Paul Simon's The Obvious Child, the song which was also used in a 2014 Movie of the same name. I played the single over and over again in my BengMobile I most of the time (until it got replaced with some other songs) because it had a Sony sub-woofer.
I was very hooked on the background percussions and not so much on his voice. So, as usual, I will spend some time looking into the Instrumental version (not Karaoke) and maybe, even the Samba-raggae Grupo Cultural Olodum.
No comments:
Post a Comment