Facial Hair

OK, its one of these times where I would do something weird. I tried to grow a beard. I have tried this before, (in '93, '96, & 01) but never succeeded due to the following reasons:

1) I would get an earful from Mom
2) I could get a displeasing remark from Wifey
3) The chicken pox scars still won't grow hair
4) It gets itchy when I wipe my mouth
5) I surprise myself when I accidentally look down with my eye (only to see a weird caterpillar legs, which is actually the beard)


And so, on this current attempt, I discovered something new since I broke my personal record of keeping it for 10days:

1) It stinks
2) You need to sip your drinks/soup and can't wallop it or else you get stuff stuck to your moustache
3) You tend ot use more tissue paper to wipe stuff off your beard and they usually turn dark grey
4) Sweat actually forms at the bottom of the chin
5) You tend to rub the hair more than you want to
6) You start to think and compare about the hair on your private parts (or someone else's)
7) You actually save batteries/eletrcicity on your shaver (that is, until you need to shave it off)
8) Your neck feels itchy
9) Your arm develops a nasty rash or exhibits stressed skin after every meal or where there are no tissue paper (or wall) nearby.
10) You will actually act like a Gentleman and eat like one, unless your favoutire idol is Hagar the Horrible


This is my 10 day old beard
I looked so happy


This is when I discovered I cannot eat like a glutton without bits of food sticking to the beard


This is what happens when both Mom and Wifey ganged up on me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Facial hair is quite intimidating and confusing. It has been about 5 years I put on my 'facelift'. Never look back....It has been a trademark of mine......though my wifey objected it....hehehehhe

guess....she has no choice unless shave the heck out of me at nite

Anonymous said...

Why u look thinner than last year geh?