Network Cable Tracer A

Another one of those important tools. Although I seldom use this since I dealt more with Telcos, I still need to have it. It will tell you if the cable is faulty or not in a few seconds.

The seller was generous enough to give me
a free 9volt battery too as these beasts use
them like nobody's business because most
of the time, we forget to switch them off

Why I got this one was because of its design
and also the power switch located at the side
compared to others which is a slide switch.
Also, another bonus is that the tester has an
adjustable speed instead of the "Fast" & "Slow"
settings on most testers


This means, I can test at my own pace.
I just love blinking LEDs

Then I stupidly plugged into the telephone jack
where the voltage destroyed the IC. Oh well, I
think the IC is a 4017 which I can replace but
I have to find an IC socket so that I can change
it whenever it burns out again, compared to the
other testers which uses SMT, is a pain in the
backside to remove and solder

No comments: