Opening the XBox gun

OK, here is a quick rundown on what I think when I opened the gun. Not going to describe much as I was a bit impatient to remove the cable and play with it. Swollen hand or no swollen hand.

1. Battery compartment
There are also slots availbale to put in the metal connectors. But there is no trapdoor for the AA batteries. I guess the manufacturer was also thinking about the possibilities of making it into a toy gun if the deal for making console guns did not go through. Or maybe, they just want to be ready for it in case the gun proved too popular.....

2. Trigger
The trigger was designed to press onto the small push-button switch. If you press too hard, there is some kind of a stress relief in the trigger so that you would not destroy the switch prematurely when you get too excited during the game.

3. Vibration motor
Yeah! This gun has an electric motor with a weighted head so when you turn in on, the gun vibrates.

4. Circuit Boards
These are for the switches but I can throw it away if I want to put in LEDs instead. In fact, I can take away all the circuit boards but I would end up with a problem on how to make the small switch stay in that position for the trigger.

5. Infra-Red
Or is it a light sensor? Doesn't matter. Its going to be gone anyway

6. Lens
This is to focus the infra-red emitter (or wasit a light sensor)

7. Control cables
This is the part where I cut it. 'nuff said

No comments: