I have GPS!

Today was the third time I tried the GPS function. And there was no success. Frustrated, I left the Nokia 5800 on the window to scan for the satellites. The screen shows the usual satellites in orbit.....

Then suddenly, the satellite signals went from white to blue. So,
this means white bar means there are satellites but now enough
signals. Once it turns blue, I guess it could lock on.

And I was right because after I changed the view, all the GPS satellites it could detect suddenly came on. I am not sure about this reading (because I still have not read the manual) but once I see this screen, it means the
GPS is read. After a few days, of trial and error, I noticed the following:
1) You cannot use it indoors (duh)
2) You cannot use it where there are tall some buildings nearby
3) You need a few seconds for it to lock on to the satellites
4) You get poor reception in a car with window tints
5) You can get summoned

And so, I am happy now......
And the GPS is quite acccurate to, I think, within a few metres.
But there was one time it pointed me as being in Shah Alam
instead of me travelling around Bangsar. Heh

No comments: