Le Tour De Langkawi

Friday the 13th.

Friday the 13th.

So, its a Friday and it happens to be on the 13th. I still cannot fathom the superstitious believe of such things. But this time, it really happened. At first, I though that since Karpal Singh is going to the High Court, which I think, is in Damansara, I can detour from that route. Nevertheless, I forgot about the Le Tour De Langkawi which changes route every year. And because the signs says the LDP would be closed, it did not affect me. (I even checked on the route from their website which produced an oh-so-fucking-tiny-and-detailed map and as usual, lite any local website, its full of nice designs but little content, just like the undigestable fake diamonds that came out with the shit in the morning.)

Wrong.

As soon as I got out of the house and arrived at Jalan Damansara, the jams were already forming. Most of the routes leading to the LDP and Sunge Buloh were blocked. And I was very very late arriving to the office....

This is the jam that greeted me in Jalan Damasara. For once, the ITIS
board is giving the "correct" information. So, I managed to get out of
this and decided to try the Highway near Phileo Damansara.

Unfortunately, everyone had the same idea too since the road on the
left was not moving. Its the main artery leading to PJ.


At the toll gate entry, cars were detoured away. And so, I had to use
the NKVE route, taking the Damansara exit to Sg. Buloh.


At the same toll gates, it seemed empty and the bus is actually
contemplating reversing out of there like the other cars.

This is the ugly scene after the gates. I heard one driver shouting all over
the place (since my window was wound down) in the gridlock. The final
look I had, was a Policeman alighting his bike and heading towards the
source of the shouting with everyone watching. This is not good.

The route to the Highway is relatively free. But on the other side, its
not because these route have already been sealed off for the cyclists
to pass by.

Here, at the Sungei Buloh exit, there was a lot of traffic because the
route to Sungei Buloh is sealed off. But since I am going towards
Kepong, it is still moving.

By this time, its almost 0930 and I am in a slow moving traffic. On the
other side, there is no traffic. Then we'stuck. Even the cars at the U-turn
above could not move. So everyone just came out to enjoy the view and
also hope to catch a glimpse of these cyclists.

And then suddenly, they came past, whizzing in undreamt speed. I am
not surprised if no one cheered nor clapped. Everyone was too pissed
to do anything else but to hope they would fall down and crash. But
then again, this is Malaysia where everyone ignored signs until its too
late. They would selfishly try to undo what they have done at the
expense of others. It no point waking up early because this would only
mean i would be stuck in there longer.


Then throughout the day, as I drove to more places, I
come to realise why most roadswere tarred DAYs
before the actual event. Now, I know. Haih

No comments: