The Oven

After going to Multifilla, it was time to meet up with my Wife at one of her sister in Law's house. Initially, the plan was to come back from office, pick her and the kids up, drive to her sister's house, leave them there and visit Multifilla. But in the last minute, the customer in Seremban called because one of their own CCTV cameras was not working. So, this means my Wife would have to drive there herself. While rushing back, I wanted to use the UPM shortcut to get to Balakong but ended up in Bangi instead. And so, with the not-so-working GPS map of Bangi on the Nokia 5800, I decided to backtrack out to the Highway again.

While I was at Multifilla, wife called up if I still want to go there for the night. By now, I was so engrossed, I was about to say no when my Wife mentioned the magical word, durian. Hee hee hee hee.

This was the first thing that greeted me at the house

In the kitchen, they were already cooking for dinner.

What was it that my Wife was preparing?

Why, its a fish/potato patty (or something), which is delicious!

In the first try, they fried it on the pan and I was the first guinea pig


And then they started the second batch on the oven. 10 minutes later and then they noticed something odd about the oven.....

Sis#6: Hmm.... the oven's still not hot le.
Wife: But there are lights in there. Maybe the temperature setting?
Sis#2: Cannot be. Should be warm even now.
Me: Let me see......


The oven top uses gas for the hobs and looking at the controls, the oven is electric and not gas. Phew.

Me: Er, were is the gas pipe?
Sis #6: I don't use the hobs as I bought the oven for the over itself
Me: But the heating coils are missing!
Sis #2: Wah, you bought this second hand oven just like that? Did you not check it?
Sis #6: It looked alright to me


Then they all start chattering, something about the oven being nice and was sold to her by a Datin. I now look at the oven as a big version of the toy oven for girls which does nothing but has a light bulb in it.

No comments: